Friday, August 22, 2008

NZM-BSP by CGSK... 01 july 2008

After spending 2 days in Delhi I was (for a change) returning from Delhi. This time I was booked on Chhattisgarh Sampark Kranti. Thankfully confirmed, so I expected the journey to be a bit comfortable as against I had in Gondwana a couple of days back. After finishing with the days proceedings in office at as early as 11.30 AM I proceeded to NZM. I was at the NZM by 1300 hrs. The first thing in my mind was "khaana!!" so i thought of trying comesum meal this time. At 55 Rs per plate its okok.. actually a bit better what we get in general but I feel could have been much better. After having lunch and some more looking around, I went to pf 3 at around 1445 hrs where Gondwana exp was berthed.

I kept standing in the scorching sun near the loco (WAM4/6P) for 20 min or so. I was determined to have a chat with LP!! He had apparently pushed the door to a closed position which obstructed my vision of loco interiors. When 10 min were left in the train departure, the elder one seemed to come near me.. I asked him in the loudest possible polite voice (to let him hear under the roar of loco) what does the 6P means. He answered (with some interest). Our further conversation was:

LP: What do you do?
me: I ve just graduated as an engg.

LP: banch?
me: civil engg

LP: Kahaan se? (From which college?)
me: I said Delhi college of engg.

LP: Outside Delhi ki students wahaan admission le sakte hain? (Are the outside Delhi students eligible to take admission there?)
me: Yes Sir, through AIEEE.

After this someone called from inside the loco. He went in and came out. After a brief pause he said rather determined..

LP: I want to have my son admitted in CIVIL ENGG only!!
me: (surprised.. what else)

LP: (contd.) What are the placement opportunities?
me: Ample.. many companies are there now a days..

LP: main usko sirf civil hi padhaoonga.(I will admit him only in civil engg..)

I was about to come to my interest.. ie my dream to get inside the loco.. but as my mouth opened.. so did the loco's!!!

And this time it was honking loud to announce its departure!! I quickly asked him if he wil carry on till Jhansi... He replied in affirmative and he wved the green flag... I loved his smiling face..... he kpt on waving the flag.. and waved me too with that!! I did the same.. and I cant describe how happy I was.. It was the first time in my life that I had chatted with an LP for that long!!

I counted the coaches.. It was 24 as usual.. (BSP-JBP combined). When the "x" of the train was receding in the catenary maze I said to myself..."Next I find this guy.. I will extrct a footplate session out of him!!" But then again said to myself.. "By the way who was that guy? By what name people call him??".. Then I realised.. how on earth did I forgot to ask his name??

Enchanted with the experience, I went to pf 5 where Mahakaushal was getting ready to depart. There was some trouble with the brake pipe of WAM4 and LP and some NZM staff were busy sorting it out. The LP didnt look in a nice mood and I thought better not to disturb him. There was a mad rush in the train.

There were several arrivals as well.. which I do not recall right now...

Tired of the heat, I sat in the stairs of the FOB.. Meanwhile a BSL WAM4 came in with LHB rake marked NR and halted at line no 2 from pf 3. At the sheduled time AK Raj came in pf 6 with WAP7 incharge. CGSK came in at pf 7 with BIA WAM4.

The run was good. The best part of the journey in this train is punctuality.. It generally keeps its time. And there is no menance of commuters!!! Dinner was served rather late by PC staff.. I enjoyed a good sleep... In the morning.. the atmosphere that greeted me was awesome!!!

The Bina-KTE section always brings up surprises. At one point we were like at the highest point in the region and the trees (as seen from my window) looked small.. it was an awesome sight. The atmosphere was moist with overnight rain and the surroundings were splendid. We were made to halt at "Salaiya" station for 20 min or so. It means we were running before time. We reached Katni Murwara on time. After a longish halt (15 min), we proceded up theramp and the bridge above the lines comin from BSP. Took a turn away from the KTE station and joined the lines which we had just crossed. The Katni station offered a pretty sight from above the ramp (briefly only).

Again a good run till Bhanwartonk. (near Khongsara). We were held up on a curve for more than 30 min. That was the only delay our train suffered. As we approached Bilapsur, our train halted at Uslapur!! I quickly packed my bag and detrained. My destination was 1 km from Uslapur and it would have been 10 km from Bilaspur stn!! (add to it further 8 kms left to reach BSP stn itself!!) A timely stop saves lots of time!!

Well the journey passed on pretty smoothly and the Khodri Khingsara section was again a treat to the eyes!!

Thanks for reading,...

No comments: