Thursday, January 24, 2008

New Delhi Bilaspur Trip report Part 2

0607 hrs, We were in Pf 01 in Bhopal. But we were late! We should have left Bhopal by 0450 hrs!! Pf 02 Samta was there waiting to depart. Just as we were moving out, in Pf 3, 22360 ED WAP4 came with Andaman Exp. It was announced.

After Bhopal there was a broad daylight and I could enjoy the run without troubling my eyes much. My first interesting sight was of "Chokha" station. It was situated ina very unique position. (Can anyone throw some more light in the position of this station?)

After that the beautiful ghats came, covered by a blanket of fresh grass. The scenery was awesome. You can appreciate how refreshing it is to see such a beautiful sight in the morning after spending the previous day in the polluted Delhi air!! After that I went to the door. Then we crossed another interesting station "Midghat". Its a tunnel name and a cabin name as well. And the difference between the elevation of the two tracks is quite large. After that we continued our journey in the beautiful mountains. The biggest challenge insuch places is to find the other track. It may be anywhere! In the adjacent mountain or may be inside it!! 0706 hrs we crossed Narmada. And for the first time I saw it from door. 0715 we crossed Hoshangabad at a good speed and I was still at the door. Who cares to go inside when the heaven is in front!!

0725 we entered Itarasi and we were stopped!!! I was simply surprised if anything else. I cursed the ET people. Already we were late and still stranded at Itarasi. My head went into a tizzy when I saw an Exp departing from ET towards NGP from Pf 3 as we were entering into Itarasi. We were standing in a middle track. Pf 1 was occupied by 22001 WAP1 led Jhelum towards NDLS. Mumbai Gorakhpur was in Pf 2. A 20645 WAM4/6P led train was in Pf 5. Dont know the train though. Nevertheless we started after sometimes from Itarasi.

I also went inside to have some tea. All my fumes of Itarasi evaporated at once as we crossed AP Exp at 0800 hrs. I was then reassured that we were in Rajdhani. But that was to be disturbed again in the NGP BSP run. SECR played a lot of games with me there. 0900 hrs we crossed Betul at a very good speed. After that I again came to the door. I saw 22606 ED WAP4 led Hyd Patna Exp with a WAG7 banker in the rear. First time I had seen a banker. And there were lots more to come. 0930 we crossed Multai at a very high speed. There were some yellow coloured vans in the adjacent track between Amla and Multai and definitely some repair was in progress. Heavy rains were waiting for us near Badhnera which we crossed at 1012 hrs. There is a distinct feeling to enjoy the rains fromthe door. A goods train went in the opposite direction near Amla led by a WAG7. 2 WAG 5s were acting as bankers. But they were also carrying an extra load of a dead WAG5 which was attached in the end. My second encouter with bankers.

We finally touched Nagpur at 1125 hrs. There is a homely feeling entering into nagpur. The station where I first saw Rajdhani Exp!! (Rather I saw Super Deluxe first and Rajdhani later in my life!!) Seven years I have been in Kamptee (near NGP) and often boarded the trains from there only for BSP. As usual we were taken in in Pf 5. Maharashtra Exp was in Pf 4. I was worried of my journey ahead when I saw Samrashtra coming in at Pf 3 from CST side with 22272 incharge. I could feel the heat rise again as I sensed that we might agin made to race with Samrashtra. Rather we might follow it!! When we were entering NGP I could see an Exp departing towards BSP. I guessed it must be mail. Couldnt see the loco though. This is another beauty of Nagpur. It allows us to see the trains going in other directions. Itarasi also offers it. But due to that train we were held up in outer. Till NGP WAP1 did a very good job. Though we were late but WAP1 is not to be blamed.

I could sense what my journey from NGP to BSP could be when I saw Samarasata departing before us. I was wandering around at NGP refreshing some old memories. What was to follow was a great race between Samarasta and Rajdhani with a phenomenal finish.

No comments: