Thursday, January 24, 2008

New Delhi Bilaspur Trip Report Part 3

Some repair work was going on in NGP. We finally departed Nagpur at 1202 hrs. which we should have by 1040 hrs!! As we were leaving I could hear the announcements of AP coming in. And while we were in Nagpur outer I saw it snaking in with a WAP4 incharge. Tata Ngp passenger went towards NGP soon after. It was empty!! A different sight though. Meanwhile before we left NGP, Maharashtra left and 8473 came in at Pf 4. Puri Jodhpur (8473) configuration was loco-GS-GS-HA1-AB1-B1-B2-PC-S1 to S9-GS-GS-GS-GS. (20 coaches). When we were leaving NGP, I saw that 20 coached 8473 was drawn to the edges of Pf 4. (Then thought about the Alok Sir's post where he mentioned about the SC RAj delay due to 8030(or 29).

After NGP we crossed Kalumna (thankfully without halt this time), Kamptee (my birth place) and Kanhan at a good speed. At Tumsar road I saw something unusual. 31033 and 31050 (dead) WAG 9s were hauling a high capacity parcel van rake. We crossed Tumsar Road at 1302 hrs. 1310 we met Mail rushing towards NGP. It was 22 coaches I think. (roughly) Then I saw 21213 BIA JS liveried WAM4. After that we met NGP bound Azad Hind (led by BSL WAM 4) and Jnaneshwari (21 coach).

We reached Rajnandgaon at 1507 hrs. Just enquired from a porter there and he told me that Samarasta has left just a few min earlier. I was really fuming!! Trailing Samarasta and that too when Raj is late!! Well I hoped rather prayed that we will cross it in Durg. Due to Samarasta we were made to stop at Murhipar, Rasmara which are all small stations. 1536 we met 2835 ( HWH ADI Exp) led by a WAP4. It had 13 Sleepers and 4 AC coaches. Meanwhile Raj stopped again!! We entered Durg at 1545 hrs in Pf 4 and to my dismay I saw Samarasta leaving from Pf 3. It was just 3 coaches ahead of my coach and I felt ,like have a chat with its gaurd and ask hime to wait somwtimes!! Again a railfan-like wish. I was cursing again. Tis time to SECR people. Cant they halt Samarasta eXp for a few min and let Raj pass through?? Well my agony continued when we stopped agin at Bhilai Nagar.

From the door I could again see some interesting things in the Bhilai Electric Loco shed. 22210 BRC WAP4 was there!! with its headlamps on. Spotted it at 1607 hrs. I was thinking of the limit when we were held again at "Sarona" at 1618 hrs and at Raipur outer at 1625 hrs. All my thoughts of crossing Samarasta vanished like a distant dream when I saw absolutely no trace f Samarasta at Raipur. In fact it had left a few min earlier from the same Pf where we were in!! We were in Pf 6. 8246 Raipur Bhubaneshwar was in Pf 5. It was led by 16348 WDM. Chattisgarh Exp was with BIA WAM4 in another Pf.

After a long time a funny moment came when we crossed a moving EMU. As there are three tracks SECR wisely used them to allow a running crossing of Raj for the EMU. It was at 1750 hrs. The speed difference could easily be seen. As usual we were again held at Bilaspur outer. But as we were heading into BSP I was presented with a Christmas gift by BSP authorities. Rather I must say my prayers were answered . I am saying so because we were first to enter BSP Pf 6 than Samarasta which was waiting for a birthing in Pf 1,2,3. I thanked Almighty as finally my prayers were answered. We had WON over samarasta. It was a Gladiotric feeling a winners feeling when I saw 22272 yet again. What a race!! In Pf 4 I saw Gondwana had came in with 22361, Jhansi WAP4.

Later I found that Samarasta was held coz Pf 1 was kept empty for EMU which we had crossed and which we were going to take for our onwards journey. I missed the trains in other two Platforms among relatives and the "winners feeling".

No comments: